Spooky Season Sampler
Cannabis Industry Insights
- One of the biggest companies in the world not only ended most cannabis drug testing and announced it is now open to rehiring workers who were fired for violations of prior drug policy, it also officially supports legalization at the federal level. Can you guess which company has changed its tune?
- Have millions of pounds of legally grown cannabis flower been disappearing into illegal markets? That’s what a new lawsuit claims—and if the allegations are true, it could have serious implications for industry regulations. Here’s what you need to know.
- Delta-8 THC has been occupying a legal gray area that many producers and consumers in prohibition states see as a welcome loophole, but remains tricky for regulators and retailers. As a result the FDA and CDC claim these synthetic products could cause adverse health effects in a warning that could have a big impact on one of the biggest booms in hemp.
Regulatory Pulse Point
- According to acting FDA Chief Dr. Janet Woodcock, CBD companies won’t be able to tout the hemp-derived compound as a dietary supplement anytime soon, due to a legal precedent related to pharmaceutical research. What does that mean for manufacturers and brands? Check out these tips on developing CBD products from the business leaders at Canna Consortium.
- The SAFE Banking Act was approved for the fourth time by the U.S. House last month. Will the Senate finally move the legislation forward? Time will tell, but in the interim, read up on what cannabis businesses can do right now to level up as the economy bounces back.
An old-school approach can take cannabis brands into the future—at least that’s been part of Village Farms CEO Michael DeGiglio’s recipe for success. Taking his cues from successful underground cannabis operations that built up customer loyalty pre-legalization has been key to keeping Village Farms in the black, even where other well-funded competitors have failed.
Three steps you can take to maximize your brand’s success:
- Take the time to get your infrastructure and cultivation science down before you spend a lot of cash on an imperfect plan
- Know your customer deeply, including the types of cannabis products that have already earned their loyalty
- For this reason don’t rush into new markets too early to avoid spreading your efforts too thin
Read More On How To Power Your Profits Here
News and Events
Welcome to our new partners!
We are excited to team up with Apical and Boulder Creek Technologies as new members of the Canna Consortium! Apical specializes in turnkey equipment solutions and laboratory build-outs. Boulder Creek Technologies is a leader in commercial-scale solventless Vapor-Static extraction.
MJBIZCON IS COMING UP SOON
Oct. 19-22 we’ll be hanging out in Las Vegas for MJBizCon—one of the most highly anticipated events of the year. Featuring Shark Tank’s own Daymond John as the keynote speaker. As well as Canna Consortium Founder Kim Stuck of Allay Consulting is speaking at two sessions. Nevertheless, with over 1,000 exhibitors, this is a great opportunity for the community to come together.
AN AWESOME ALLAYPALOOZA
The third annual AllayPalooza was a big success! We loved celebrating all the major wins in the cannabis industry this year with our community.
Thank you to all the sponsors and attendees who joined us at the event! We can’t wait for another great AllayPalooza in 2022.
Extract Consultants is a premier provider of flavors, isolated terpenes, terpene blends, essential oil blends, and effect-based blends. The company’s team of internationally renowned chemists and formulators is combined with facilities that house the most advanced processing equipment in the essential oil and flavor industries. Along with supply chain support, Extract Consultants helps its partners build successful brands and create products that deliver repeatable and consistent effects and flavors.
John Roelke has a profound understanding of terpenes and flavor profiles for consumable cannabis products. As the National Sales Manager for Extract Consultants, John has worked with some of the largest brands in the country to stabilize their processes and product.
Prior to Extract Consultants, John held a variety of positions in the food and beverage industry including management roles at Continental Sausage, DPI Specialty Foods and Whole Foods. Furthermore, In 2013, John was named one of the “25 Most Powerful Salespeople in Colorado” by ColoradoBiz Magazine.
Roelke has also been a frequent speaker at industry events, including the Concentration 2019 Cannabis Extraction Conference, 2016 Made in Colorado awards, the 2014 National Bison Association Conference, and the Colorado Culinary Academy.
Join Our Newsletter
"*" indicates required fields
Teagan is the Marketing & Communications Manager for 710Spirits® and Rocky Mountain Reagents. While continually learning about the cannabis industry and all the possibilities it has to offer she creates content for The Canna Consortium both for blog posts and social media. Make sure to check out @thecannaconsortium2.0 for all industry updates and news.